The purpose of the Instructor Review Course is to review materials instructors teach within the Red Cross Lifeguarding, Shallow Water Lifeguarding, Waterfront Skills, Waterpark Skills, CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers, and Bloodborne Pathogens Training: Preventing Disease Transmission courses and/or modules. Instructors also review content within the Junior Lifeguarding, Lifeguard Management, Safety Training for Swim Coaches and Basic Water Rescue. There is also an option for Instructors to test their basic lifeguard skills for recertification.
$65 | LGI Review + Base Lifeguard Certification
LOCATION: Alumni Arena Natatorium, North Campus
PARTICIPANT LIMIT: 6 MAX
Requirements (Refund available if not met)
- Be at least 19 years old on or before the last day of the instructor course.
- Possess a current American Red Cross certificate as a Lifeguard Instructor.
- Successfully complete the In-Water Skills polish session
- Optional: Complete the skills required for the basic lifeguard certification course and written tests.
Requirements (No Refund available if not met)
If you have any questions please Click here to email Nate Bourke, Assistant Director for Aquatics.
- All participants must attend the entire class.
- All participants must achieve 80% or better on all written exams.
- All participants must successfully complete all physical requirements with respect to lifeguarding skills.
- All participants must exhibit professionalism at all times during the course. (Inappropriate behavior will result in dismissal of the course. No exceptions, no refunds.)
**There are no Lifeguard Instructor courses scheduled currently, please check back.**