The purpose of the Instructor Course is to train instructor candidates to teach the Red Cross Lifeguarding, Shallow Water Lifeguarding, Waterfront Skills, Waterpark Skills, CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers, and Bloodborne Pathogens Training: Preventing Disease Transmission courses and/or modules. Instructor candidates will also become familiar with Junior Lifeguarding, Lifeguard Management, Safety Training for Swim Coaches and Basic Water Rescue.
COST: $200 Includes hip pack, whistle and pocket mask.
LOCATION: Alumni Arena Natatorium, North Campus
PARTICIPANT LIMIT: 8 MAX
Requirements (Refund available if not met)
- Participants must be 17 years old on or before the last day of the instructor course.
- Possess one of the following:
- A current American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED
- A current American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid and either an American Red Cross certificate for CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer or an American Red Cross certificate for CPR/AED for Lifeguards
- An equivalent certificate from another organization
- Successfully complete the In-Water Pre-course Session
- Successfully complete the online Orientation to the Red Cross
- Successfully complete the online Orientation to the Lifeguarding course
- Successfully complete the online Lifeguarding Instructor Pre-course Exam (80% or better)
Requirements (No Refund available if not met)
- All participants must attend every class. (Any participant that misses a class will not receive certification. No exceptions, no refunds.).
- All participants must achieve 80% or better on all written exams.
- All participants must successfully complete all physical requirements with respect to lifeguarding skills.
- All participants must exhibit professionalism at all times during the course. (Inappropriate behavior will result in dismissal of the course. No exceptions, no refunds.)
There are no Lifeguard Instructor Courses scheduled at this time. Please check back.