The UB Aquatics program is introducing the American Red Cross Blended Learning Lifeguarding Program. This course combines online knowledge acquisition and in-person water, first aid and CPR/AED skills training. Building on the same knowledge and skills as our traditional in-person only training, the course trains lifeguards to act with speed and confidence in emergency situations both in and out of the water.
COST: $200 Includes hip pack, whistle and pocket mask.
LOCATION: Alumni Arena Natatorium, North Campus
Requirements (Refund available if not met)
- Participants must be 15 years old on or before the final scheduled session of the course.
- Swim 300 yards continuously, demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs.Retrieve a 10 pound object from a depth of 7 feet within 1 minute and 40 seconds.
Requirements (No Refund available if not met)
If you have any questions please Click here to email Nate Bourke, Assistant Director for Aquatics.
- Success Candidates must be present for all classes.
- Must receive an 80% on both multiple choice exams.All participants must successfully complete all physical requirements with respect to lifeguarding skills.
- All participants must exhibit professionalism at all times during the course.
**There are no Lifeguard courses scheduled currently, please check back.**