The UB Aquatics program is introducing the American Red Cross Blended Learning Lifeguarding Program. This course combines online knowledge acquisition and in-person water, first aid and CPR/AED skills training. Building on the same knowledge and skills as our traditional in-person only training, the course trains lifeguards to act with speed and confidence in emergency situations both in and out of the water.
BLG 3: This course is full.
Saturday, 4/3/21 (pretest) 3-5 pm
Monday, 4/5/21 12-5 pm
Tuesday, 4/6/21 12-5 pm
Wednesday, 4/7/21 12-5 pm
Thursday, 4/8/21 12-4 pm
BLG 4: This course is full.
Sunday, 4/11/21 (pretest)
Sunday, 4/18/21 12-6:30 pm
Sunday, 4/25/21 12-6:30 pm
Sunday, 5/2/21 12- 6 pm
COST: $200 Includes hip pack, whistle and pocket mask.
COURSE TEXTBOOK: http://www.redcross.org/participantmaterials
LOCATION: Alumni Arena Natatorium, North Campus
PARTICIPANT LIMIT: 6 MAX
Requirements (Refund available if not met)
- Participants must be 15 years old on or before the final scheduled session of the course.
- Swim 300 yards continuously, demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs.Retrieve a 10 pound object from a depth of 7 feet within 1 minute and 40 seconds.
Requirements (No Refund available if not met)
- Success Candidates must be present for all 6 classes.
- Must receive an 80% on both multiple choice exams.All participants must successfully complete all physical requirements with respect to lifeguarding skills.
- All participants must exhibit professionalism at all times during the course.