The UB Aquatics program is introducing the American Red Cross Blended Learning Lifeguarding Program. This course combines online knowledge acquisition and in-person water, first aid and CPR/AED skills training. Building on the same knowledge and skills as our traditional in-person only training, the course trains lifeguards to act with speed and confidence in emergency situations both in and out of the water.
This course is full.
Sunday, November 1: 10 am-11:30 am (Pre-Test )
Saturday, November 7: 10am-5pm (includes a 30 min lunch break)
Sunday, November 8: 10am-5pm (includes a 30 min lunch break)
Saturday, November, 14: 10am-5pm (includes a 30 min lunch break)
Sunday, November 15: 10am-5pm (includes a 30 min lunch break)
COST: $200 Includes hip pack, whistle and pocket mask.
COURSE TEXTBOOK: http://www.redcross.org/participantmaterials
LOCATION: Alumni Arena Natatorium, North Campus
PARTICIPANT LIMIT: 6 MAX
Requirements (Refund available if not met)
- Participants must be 15 years old on or before the final scheduled session of the course.
- Swim 300 yards continuously, demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs.Retrieve a 10 pound object from a depth of 7 feet within 1 minute and 40 seconds.
Requirements (No Refund available if not met)
- Success Candidates must be present for all 6 classes.
- Must receive an 80% on both multiple choice exams.All participants must successfully complete all physical requirements with respect to lifeguarding skills.
- All participants must exhibit professionalism at all times during the course.