UB Aquatics strives to provide safe, comfortable, and professional aquatic programming for the State University of New York at Buffalo students, faculty, staff, alumni and community members.
Swimming and Water Safety are important skills for the members of the Buffalo community. UB Aquatics is determined to ensure that those who live in and around the Buffalo community have the knowledge and skill to enjoy aquatic environments safely.
Swim Lessons are full this session.
Classes start October 24, 2020
Private lessons are offered Saturdays at Alumni Arena.
- Six lessons for $150.00 for 1 or 2 people
Dates: 10/24, 10/31, 11/7, 11/14, 11/21, 12/5
Times available:2:00pm-2:30pm / 2:35pm-3:05pm / 3:10pm-3:40pm / 3:45pm-4:15pm
Make up lessons are not available this session.
If you have any questions please Click here to email the UB Learn to Swim Program
This course is full.
Sunday, November 1: 10 am-11:30 am (Pre-Test )
Saturday, November 7: 10am-5pm (includes a 30 min lunch break)
Sunday, November 8: 10am-5pm (includes a 30 min lunch break)
Saturday, November, 14: 10am-5pm (includes a 30 min lunch break)
Sunday, November 15: 10am-5pm (includes a 30 min lunch break)
COST: $200 Includes hip pack, whistle and pocket mask.
COURSE TEXTBOOK: http://www.redcross.org/participantmaterials
LOCATION: Alumni Arena Natatorium, North Campus
PARTICIPANT LIMIT: 6 MAX
Requirements (Refund available if not met)
- Participants must be 15 years old on or before the final scheduled session of the course.
- Swim 300 yards continuously, demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs.Retrieve a 10 pound object from a depth of 7 feet within 1 minute and 40 seconds.
Requirements (No Refund available if not met)
- Success Candidates must be present for all 6 classes.
- Must receive an 80% on both multiple choice exams.All participants must successfully complete all physical requirements with respect to lifeguarding skills.
- All participants must exhibit professionalism at all times during the course.